After Bagging India Bowling Coach’s Job Morne Morkel Reveals 1st Reaction

Morne Morkel spoke candidly about the heartfelt exchange he had with his father, expressing his emotions about the prestigious role after his appointment as the Indian men’s team bowling coach.Morkel, who officially began his position on September 1, also shared his delight and sense of honor in joining head coach GautamGambhir’s support staff, marking a major milestone in his coaching journey.

Morkel had an impressive 12-year career with South Africa from 2006 to 2018, featuring in 247 international matches across all formats, and taking 544 wickets.

“When I ended the call, I sat for about five minutes in the room reflecting on it and then I first phoned my dad,” Morkel said in a video posted by BCCI. “I didn’t even go to my wife. You know, normally they say go to your wife first, but I spoke to my dad and I mean, being a cricket fan for years and knowing what was going to come up, this is quite a special moment for me.”

For him, the appointment is not just a professional achievement but a moment of shared pride with his family. “I enjoyed it for about 5 to 7 minutes to myself and then obviously shared with the family that this Is an opportunity and potentially that might happen. I’m just so delighted that we eventually got things over the line, and I’m here,” Morkel said.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Player of Pakistan Recounts Warning Virat Kohli before Dismissing Him

Star Fast Bowler of Team India reaches rankings pinnacle

Mohammed Shami, with Indian soldiers, says, “I am proud to be an Indian.”