Devdutt Padikkal keen to perform well in Duleep Trophy

Devdutt Padikkal has targeted the Duleep Trophy to perform well to warrant his case in red ball format. While DevduttPadikkal faces tough challenge to make it to the India Playing XI owing to the return of KL Rahul, but strong performances in domestic cricket will do him wonders.

Earlier in the year, Devdutt Padikkal made his debut in the IND vs ENG Test series. He got his chance after RajatPatidar got inured in training. And the southpaw took his chance. He went on to slam a fifty on Test debut and will be looking to replicate his form in Duleep Trophy as well.

Padikkal said, “Yeah, definitely it’s (Duleep Trophy) a very important tournament. You don’t get too many opportunities at the highest level. So, it’s important that I continue to score runs and the Duleep Trophy gives me an opportunity for that. I had a really good red ball season last year, that gave me the India opportunity. Obviously, making my debut was something very special. So, I have to keep continuing that form as there is a lot of competition around.”

“It’s important that I continue to improve. Obviously, Test cricket keeps challenging you. It’s a difficult format to play. So, I just have to keep focusing on things where I can improve. There’s a lot for me to learn. So, I’m continuing to work on things that I need to improve on,” he concluded.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Player of Pakistan Recounts Warning Virat Kohli before Dismissing Him

Star Fast Bowler of Team India reaches rankings pinnacle

Mohammed Shami, with Indian soldiers, says, “I am proud to be an Indian.”